6-Month Position for Young Worker
($11.25/hr, 30-40 hours per week)
We’re looking for someone to join our team to help us fully renovate homes for re-sale in Saint John, New Brunswick and to provide general maintenance and property management for vacant homes.
If you’re a hard worker and a quick learner, you have the basis of what it will take to be successful in this role.
This position will be funded through a government program and as such, applicants must be 18-29 years old and either unemployed or working less than 15 hours per work.
You’ll assist with all aspects of work related to the renovation of residential properties for resale and management of vacant properties.
It would be great if you have experience in some of the following areas:
- Rough carpentry
- Finish carpentry
- Basic plumbing and electrical
- Cabinet and countertop installation
- Deck construction
- Window and door installation and replacement
- Drywall installation
- Crack filling and painting
- Installation of various types of flooring
- Roofing and siding replacement
- Structural repairs
- House cleaning
- Lawn mowing
- Snow shoveling
Other duties may include:
- Administrative tasks such as filing, answering phones and basic bookkeeping
- Running errands such as picking up supplies or depositing cheques
We are a small, local business dedicated to responsible property development. We breathe new life into distressed and outdated homes.
Are you the right fit for us? In addition to technical renovation skills and experience, it’s important that you be able to:
- Work well under pressure and deliver quality results, paying attention to detail while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Be reliable. Show up on time for work and give your all throughout the day.
- Follow specific directions and respect outlined work priorities and job sequence.
- Solve problems quickly and effectively, considering various options and minimizing cost overruns and project delays.
- Be flexible and ready to adapt to changes in plans.
- Communicate issues and concerns promptly and clearly, providing suggested remedies.
- Coordinate with other employees, supervisors and contractors.
Here’s some of the nitty gritty about how we operate:
- This position pays $11.25 per hour for 30 hours per week, paid every other Friday by direct deposit.
- All necessary tools are supplied. That means no wear and tear on your tools. You will be required to supply your own safety footwear.
- You will need to have reliable transportation to and from job sites in and around Saint John. A valid Class 5 drivers license would be an asset.
- Working hours will vary and may include daytime and evenings as well as weekends. We will try to be flexible if you have other commitments provided you give us lots of notice, but our projects do carry tight deadlines so accommodations may not always be possible .
- You’ll be provided regularly with prioritized task lists and will be expected to report when tasks are completed or when you run into issues, either through a mobile app, or printed checklists.
Anticipated start date: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.